Try something new

Everyone should try something new at least once. Trying something comes in many ways like a new sport, a new form of art you’ve never dipped into, or new foods, like foods from a different culture or something from where you are now that you haven’t had. That’s what I want to try some foods from Japanese culture that I’ve never had or seen in real life. Some examples of the foods I want to try are dango, onigiri, and mochi.

The first thing I would like to try is dango. Dango is a Japanese dumpling made with rice flour, sweet rice flour, and water, to put it shortly it’s a Japanese dessert. One of the reasons I want to try it is that it seems really sweet and chewy. Another reason I want to try it is it looks really cute and tasty, and it has flavors I’ve never had before like matcha. The second thing I want to try is onigiri. Onigiri is a Japanese rice ball that is made with steamed rice compressed into a triangular ball, filled with fish like tuna and salmon, and is wrapped in dried seaweed to hold on to. The first reason I want to try this is it’s not just fish you can put in it, there is a kind of onigiri where it doesn’t have fish in it but is sprinkled with rice seasonings all over it. The last reason I want to try it is because it doesn’t just have to be in the shape of a triangle, it can be a cat or a panda, or any cute animal. The last thing that I want to try is mochi. Mochi is a Japanese sweet treat made with sweet rice flour and filled with sweet red bean paste or mini scoops of ice cream. The first reason I want to try it is because it sounds very sweet, especially with the mini scoops of ice cream. The last reason I would like to try this is that it just seems genuinely appealing to eat. 

Those are some of the foods and reasons I would like to try them. I hope that encourages you to try something new like food. If you didn’t I hope you find your motivation to try something new with your time. So go out there try something new like learn a new language, learn how to play a sport, learn to play an instrument, learn a new art form,or try a food you’ve never had. You could also step out of your comfort zone and retry a food you don’t really like and had for a while.